Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Expectations
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2015, 05:10 PM   #46
DBL Z

Brand: DRV
Model: 38 RSSA
State: Nevada
THOR #1937
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shomare View Post
Help me out. Are my expectations too high, is this a typical experience?

We took in our new Thor Super C for some minor repairs and adjustments. Nothing major, we are very happy with it.

Three weeks later (and multiple unreturned phone calls) the service writer tells me that none of the parts are in yet and as such, none of the repairs have been made.

I have nothing to compare this to other than automobile ownership and find this to be completely shocking, that they could have the RV on site for three weeks and make no repairs at all?

We have a trip to Florida planned for a week from now and none of the repairs will be done prior to then.

So am I expecting too much, or is this typical in the RV business.
A typical ploy by a shoddy shop!

Bottom line! They're taking advantage of you!... And anyone else they can put into the shuffle!

If it were me, and these are minor problems, I would collect my unit, use it! and find another shop..or mobile service to take care of the issues.

You are under no obligation for the parts ordered... If they even were??

We full time. We do not leave our rig anywhere. The work we've had done through the years have been taken care of in the day of the APPT. or we were stayed at their facility plugged in!

I make sure they have the parts before I pull in!

I'm a squeaky wheel!... You tell me your going to do it, 98% of the time I'm right there at the door watching!.. even taking pics that can tell a story, (like last weeks 4 hour generator install that took 12 hours!) and believe me! The real devious ones can really rack up the HOURS they charge for! Oh! ya! we changed a fuse and only charged 1/2 an hour! ($50) with the biggest.. I saved your whole life!.. Smile on their face while doing it!

Anyway! do a little research on RV repair shops around you, read some reviews!... you might even check out any mobile services, (licensed & Bonded of course) as we have worked with a couple and they are there to get the job done, paid and go!...The one we use in AZ even works with DRV on warranty issues!
DBL Z is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum