Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2018, 05:46 PM   #1
lspotho

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Siesta
State: California
THOR #3975
RV cover without climbing on top?

We don't have an RV cover yet, but I know I should get one. But I am not excited about climbing on top to cover and uncover the RV. Seems like a lot of trip and fall hazards up there...

Anyway, I remember seeing a cover, or maybe just straps you could use with any (or some) covers - and you can use these straps to pull the RV cover from the ground on one side, over the roof, and then down on the other side. The straps had weights - like small sandbags, or the weights you use to get straps UNDER the RV - so you could toss them up and over to start the process...

So some questions:
- anyone seen this or doing this?
- any significant risk of friction from the straps damaging the finish or roof or the stuff on the roof?
- any other issues I should be aware of?
- any recommendations for a cover for sunny, mostly dry, sometimes hot, occasionally wet southern California?

Thanks in advance
Dan Kronstadt

Thor Siesta 24SA - Class C, 24' long, just under 11' high

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum