Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2018, 06:32 PM   #15
TurnerFam

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Georgia
THOR #4735
my two 'sense' is that it probably matters not, in the long run, as long as the battery(s) are good, and hold a charge - the 'look' of the compartment is not going to affect your enjoyment of RVing... my own battery compartment, which houses 4 6v House batteries and 2 12v Chassis batteries, along with some cutoff switches and other small devices, does not 'look' great - never has. But, the batteries are the same 'stock' batteries that came with the motorcoach, even as it sat at the dealer for over 6 months before we purchased it, and have performed very well over 85,000 miles in 4 years and lot of dry-camping, overnight bookdocking, and all the road grime, snow and ice, and temperatures that you could throw at it.
My house batteries grow 'hair' like crazy, and I've tried to minimize it by cleaning them periodically and applying all sorts of cleaners and preventative sprays, but the batteries themselves perform like they should, no matter WHAT they look like.
Most would like in my battery bay and proclaim that I certainly need to 'change' my batteries, just because of what they look like, but if they are performing the way they should, there's no need to. Maybe one day, but not today.
TurnerFam is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.