Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2015, 04:54 PM   #17
Beacher

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 34E
State: California
THOR #937
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorant50 View Post
Being the only woman here to do the work...as the husband is wheelchair bound..is it hard for me to remove the batteries to go take them somewhere and have them checked?? I really don't have a clue? Do most of you carry a new 12 V battery along with you on trips in case this happens while away from home?? Ours is only parked in our driveway and this is the 2nd problem we encountered (hope not a bad omen of the future) and have never even driven it yet or camped in my life..wondering if we made a big mistake ...but after owning 2 homes with mold and not wanting to throw out all my belongings again...we opted for the RV...since it has built in furniture..will be a big difference from a 3500 sq ft house!
You might want to give this a try............

The "dead" state of affairs could be that your battery disconnect didn't switch over when you unplugged the AC. That has occurred one time in my Hurricane 34E. When I called the concierge service in a panic, they walked me through the process and voila, it worked and came back to life. It has to do with abruptly disconnecting from shorepower, (which I did).

- Go inside and turn off everything you can. On the panel, and the refrigerator.
- Make sure your ignition is off.
- Place the store/use switch by the door in the "Use" position.
- Go outside and turn off the power to the outlet that you are going to plug your motorhome's AC shorepower cable to. You might have to turn off a breaker.
- Plug in your shorepower cable to the outlet.
- Turn on the outlet, (flip the breaker on at the house panel if necessary).

If you are close enough to the motorhome you will hear an audible "click" noise from the battery compartment area. That is good. That's the battery disconnect doing it's thing and connecting.

Now, if you go inside your coach all the electrical should be functioning off shorepower, (your home's electricity running through the motorhome's power converter/battery charger). If it's working, leave it like that for about an hour to charge your house batteries.

After an hour you should be able to crank the generator or start the motorhome engine.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum