Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2018, 04:40 PM   #23
Long & Winding road

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Axis 25.4
State: Arkansas
THOR #12231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete'sMH View Post
Not sure I (personally) see the point of the Axis/Vegas models. They are small which is a positive thing for many folks but they have all the load limitations of the E chassis with none of the advantages. If I wanted a small coach I’d get a class C. More of the cab is Ford (a good thing, I think) and there are several inherent convenience and safety advantages like air bags, doors and warning alerts. I have a 29 foot class A and have found it to be a terrific balance of size, load capacity and features. But that’s just me. Lots of folks love the little As. Good luck!
To each his own I guess.

We looked the C Class and we didnt like it.... The cockpit is way too small. Im 175# and 5-10 tall and I had a hard time getting in an out of the driver seat to go in the back (so im not a big guy and it was a problem). Plus my wife felt costerfobic in the C class between the tight cock pit and other overhanging bunk.

Plus We like the big front windshield of our Axis, plenty of room for us in teh cockpit, plus a work station!

Another important point was many of the small C class were more stripped down IMO. They had the old style windows, Most were white (we like the beige color better), Smaller holding tanks, only one or two TV (we have 3).

My Axis floor plan has 70 cu foot of cargo so that was a good selling point for me.

Plus IMO the Axis / Vegas just looks better. More upscale compared to a C Class.

We get many people (in parking lots, Trail heads or shopping centers.) that ask us about it and tell us how they like the way it looks.

I guess thats why they sell many diff RV's at diff price ranges.
2017 Axis / 25.4: Big Foot Levelers, Aims 1200 Watt inverter, Ceramic Window Tint, Full River AGM 6V batteries, Front Hellwig Sway bar / Rear Track Arm, Safe T Plus Steering Stabilizer, PD 4655 converter, Hard Wired Surge Guard, WEboost + WiFi Ranger, LED Headlights/Driving lights, TPMS, Surge tank, Tornado flush, Viair Compressor
Long & Winding road is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum