Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2015, 12:24 PM   #1
wacopolumbo

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 32N
State: Virginia
THOR #2169
iTunes library multimedia install

In our home we have an extensive iTunes media library with music, movies and TV shows. We use Apple TVs for all of our TV's which lets you access the library from any TV (including the outside TV). We love this because it negates the need to keep our DVD library accessible and the pain it was to find the movie you are looking for. It took me a long time to Rip all of our movies into iTunes, but it has been worth it.

Well, I wanted to be able to take it on the road. I recently updated the external drive on the main computer in the house that holds our iTunes library from a 3TB to a 5TB. That gave me the opportunity to use that 3TB in the RV!

I picked up a laptop and linked the 3TB drive to it. Next, I put it all in the AV cabinet over the couch and hooked it up to the AV splitter box via HDMI. It sends the signal to all 3 TVs. This gives us access to a ton of entertainment options for those rainy days or while traveling down the road!

The apple remote works in the living room, but my next project is to get some other remote that will work throughout the RV and hopefully outside too.

Another benefit is that we now have a dedicated laptop in the RV we can use when needed on the road.

Jody
Yorktown, VA
2015 Hurricane 32N, 2015 Kia Optima, 2016 Master Tow
wacopolumbo is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.