Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2018, 01:35 AM   #8
Cason61

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 34F
State: Oklahoma
THOR #8432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete'sMH View Post
Also, I’m convinced that most owners don’t realize they need to check and likely add water every now and again. Most cars have come with maintenance free batteries for decades now and it just doesn’t occur to folks to check their RV batteries. Doesn’t help that access is not great on many coaches. My Freedom Elite needed water every 3 or 4 weeks if it was on shore power. Probably meant it was being overcharged but I never got around to checking that before I traded .
Yeah, my trailer from years ago was maintenance free as have most of my vehicles since maybe 1975. So yeah, I learned this the hard way, but I got to learn about the color of the cables, why you should zip tie the cables together after you take them off one post at a time, Thor does send schematics, Coleman makes a very good maintenance stand, the battery tie down is a major PITA and those batteries are very heavy to move. Still got to buy those water tubes. Oh yeah, cleaning out the compartment with baking soda and water was another learning experience.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum