Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2018, 08:30 PM   #37
thor293

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: A.C.E 29.3
State: Ohio
THOR #1620
Todays project was sound deadening. I bought the Noico stuff, cheaper than the Dynamax and probably not as good but anything is something. So here is my beginning DB's

On the Cowling @idle 64 @ 4000rpm, 78

My seat @ Idle 58 *+@4000, 77

Passenger seat @Idle 63 @4000, 78

On Dash @ idle 69 @ 4000, 77

I Covered the entire underneath on both side of the cab and a 10" wide section behind the engine. Also the Cowling. I also covered the underside of the dash as well as I could (and that was a lot of fun ) I covered the dash with the Noico and also the closed cell foam as I did each side of the cab under the seats. So a layer of deadener and a layer of foam. Took about 5 hours and when they say use a roller, it is best to use a roller as you will wear yourself out trying to press it down. I bought the roller and it make it a lot easer and was only about $7.

End results, I only took readings at idle and will get the 4000rpm reading probably tomorrow and post

@Idle , cowling, 59 was 64 so 5 DB reduction
@ Idle, Drivers seat 55 was 58=3DB reduction
@Idle, passenger seat 56 was 63 =7DB reduction
@Idle, dash 55 was 69=14 DB reduction! That is awesome. I was able to put both the Noico and the closed cell foam on the underside of the dash. As was there is nothing but a board and the upholstery. There is a lot of dash there so I am hoping once I get it out on the road there will be a big difference.

One other measurement I took just for craps and laughs was the engine inside with the cowling off, it was 78DB and just laying a piece of the Noico over the engine which only covered like 20" width dropped the DB to 70.

Total investment from amazon was $122 for Noico 36 sq ft, roller, tape and closed cell foam by siless. 5 hours labor, I had to pull the front tires to be able to get in and move around enough.. gonna pay for this tomorrow I know.
Camping World Indianapolis, worst dealer EVER experienced
thor293 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.