Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2018, 01:35 PM   #3
Yaktop

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Massachusetts
THOR #12830
Quote:
Originally Posted by Long & Winding road View Post
As long as your antenna is not right next to your AC box (or anything else) you are fine. But it will need to be a good 3 or 4 foot away IMO.

I mounted mine to the latter. I tried to do the inside like my WEboost but it would not mount correctly (that part of the later was not tall enough to secure corectly (See pic below).

From my rough estimation the top of the ant is about an inch or two above the AC cover.

It works great.

I mounted on inside part of the latter thinking it would be more protected from tree limbs compared to the outside part.
Thanks. No ladder, have a rear slide. Not a lot of real estate with the fiberglass front cap, AC, vents, fridge, satellite, and reserved room for two solar panels. After much thought and reviews. Decided to use an 8 inch square tube of aluminum to raise it up and have a clear line of sight in all directions. Being tubular it will also have minimal drag. Should be great. Was thinking of doing a antennae mast but it’s just one more thing to setup.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.