Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: House Battery
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2018, 06:42 PM   #4
Hcir

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
THOR #11832
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosticks View Post
They are delivered with one 12v "deep but not so deep cycle" battery. There is enough room for a second 12v deep cycle battery in the battery tray. You can if you wish, replace the original 12v battery with two 6v "really honest deep cycle " batteries wired in series meaning plus to neg. giving the 12 volts you need. Unless you plan on doing a lot of boondocking off the grid, it is not , in my not so humble opinion, worth adding a second battery or converting to two 6v's.

I see now where my confusion came from. The original pre release specs called for two six volt batteries and they were shipped with one twelve instead. Will pretty much any 12v RV deep cycle battery work or do I need to get something specific? Thanks

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum