Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2018, 01:20 PM   #9
Metalgator

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Miramar 35.3
State: Florida
THOR #6451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxflyer View Post
I took my Thor Challenger to the Wakarusa plant TWICE to get a similar leak fixed. Rain water would get onto the furnace circuit board and cause erratic operation. Technicians actually replaced the access panel and bezel (new paint and all), but the leak continued.

I finally determined that water was entering through the seam between the panel and the bezel... specifically around the six screws that hold the panel in place. The foam gasket inside the panel did not make proper contact in those six areas allowing water to enter the furnace compartment.

Eventually, I put clear tape over the top and side seams. It worked... but was a clumsy, unattractive solution.

A month ago, I removed the tape and pushed some small diameter plastic spline (the kind used to secure screen material to a screen door) into the seam with a rolling spline tool. This solution is nearly invisible, and the spline can be easily removed/replaced if needed. Since then, the Challenger has been exposed to several driving rainstorms, but there have been no more leaks!

I am a little confused on where your leak was. Can you take a picture? When you say the 6 screws that hold the panel, are you talking about the outside door that also holds the vent?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum