Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2018, 10:57 PM   #1
csseeker

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2016 Axis 25.2
State: Florida
THOR #12340
Blown Circuit Breaker - know before you need to

On our first trip 2 months ago we lost power while connected to shore power. We were running the microwave and ac at the same time. The circuit breaker on the power pole tripped. It was an easy reset.

Forward to today. Same thing happens for a second time. I casually walk outside and find the power pole circuit breaker is not tripped. Panic sets in. I have no idea where circuit breakers are. I'm looking at the Thor manual and find an inverter picture. No idea what it is and what it does. I'm on the phone with Thor when I look down and see the inverter name on a panel in the hallway. I figure what the heck and open it up. Low and behold there's the circuit breakers. The 30 amp is tripped, I reset it and all is good again.

I'm sure the walk through covered that panel but it was over 3 months ago. So now I know. I'd suggest as a new owner that you take 5 minutes and locate your breaker panel. Eventually you will need it.

I was about ready to pull the Axis PDF Manual up on my cell phone when I saw the panel in the hallway.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.