Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: banks cold air
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2018, 03:26 AM  
dlbeck27

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 31L
State: California
THOR #2917
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaRVey View Post
The best bang for buck mod you can make is the programmer and tune from 5 Star Tuning (https://5startuning.com/product/7015fs/)
It was night and day improvement in power, shifting (up & down) and even got a consistent 1 mpg improvement.
it's an 87 octane tune so no need to run premium and the videos showing the before and after of an F250/F350 towing a 14k trailer up a slight grade are exactly what I experienced with our 2015 Thor ACE 29.2
The other huge benefit is the change in the shift-points which when in tow-haul mode does such a great job downshifting to control speed downhill, that I almost never had to use the brakes down hill or in town traffic until I needed to come to a complete stop.
I don't know if it applies to your chassis (F53 chassis fix) but the 2nd best mod was the relocation of the sway bar end links to the inner bolt hole position which took ~30 minutes, cost nothing and provided a huge improvement in handling! You can find extensive reviews, pictures ect. under "Cheep Handling Fix" on the IRV2 forum.
Sounds nice, but not available in California due to pollution control.
dlbeck27 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.