Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2018, 08:00 PM   #2
javelin

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
THOR #2631
Well I don’t know anything about electric fire places, but did a quick tour on the net about Dimplex and I think it is based in Ireland with a North American support presence in Canada (maybe US too). They do have repair and owner manuals posted on line......just enter your model number. I suspect you might have to replace the whole heating/fireplace mechanism if cleaning did not work though. I believe Lowes sells Dimplex electric fireplaces so perhaps they may have some appropriate replacement items too. You might have to pull out the guts to see if you can identify the problem yourself or at least confirm the part number. If the manufacturer won’t sell you the bit parts then the whole mechanism replacement should still be cheaper than the whole fireplace (but shipping etc might still be a killer). IMO, you don’t want to burn up your coach for the sake of a new unit for a few hundred $ if the bad component(s) are not easily identifiable or obtainable. Good luck.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum