Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2018, 08:54 PM   #1
NewAxisOwner

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 25.2
State: Florida
THOR #13661
Has THOR fired their QC workers??? If not, they should!

Apparent habitual poster here...

Have had my 2018 Thor AXIS less than 2 weeks and its been daily repair after daily repair (see prior threads, and some I've been too busy to post).

Today I decide to check the driver/passenger front windows for signs of water intrusion before installing my Hellwig anti-sway bar, I noticed a slight bubble under the driver's side widow, at the lower front corner. I pressed on it and it appeared to be slightly soft.

So, I get the ladder out and sure enough, there are up to 1/8 inch gaps of BUTYL TAPE on the drivers side window frame to RV wall, and what's on the passenger side? FOAM... WTH??? Folks have been complaining for years about this exact issue, and THOR can't figure it out? Is it a scam to hope folks discover this obvious on-going issue after the warranty, at which time the dealers make their $$$ in repairs?

The passenger side was better sealed, but I decided to 3M Marine UV/underwater sealant both (after squishing down the drivers side butyl tape into its channel with the round end of a 7/16 wrench). This gives you an idea of the gap. COMPLETETLY UNACCEPTABLE!

It was at this time when I noticed that there was a crappy window hole cut on the drivers side, with approx. 1/8 inch of a hole showing.

I probably have the last AXIS 25.2 off the line, since they have cancelled it, and it shows... Add this to my list of warranty issues. Oh wait, also realized that the cheezy fresh water tank drain valve is clogged, and only drips... Took 24 hours to drain 1/3 tank. Can't blow through it due to its poorly designed placement.

All this I'm having to deal with, and Thor (Stephanie Wireman) denies my request for a proper alignment.

AJ

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum