Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2018, 06:26 PM   #18
NewAxisOwner

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 25.2
State: Florida
THOR #13661
Quote:
Originally Posted by LandKO View Post
Having worked in custom aircraft completion for almost 35 years prior to retirement, we learned early on, Quality must be built into a product, it can’t be inspected in. Rarely does any company inspect 100% of every item. Almost all manufacturing companies use statistical control. This process involves randomly sampling and testing a portion of the output.
Having said that, quality inspections can not compensate for poor design (i.e. drain type and location) and only partially compensate for poor workmanship.
Regarding the PDI, I don’t care how thorough you are, but you will not catch everything. For example, I bought my Freedom Elite 30FE “used”. Now, it only had 1060 miles on it and it still smelled “new” inside, but it was sold as used.
I was shown the freshwater drain valve, and noticed it was cheap looking, but what are you gonna do, ask them to replace it?
I was shown the switches for the hot water heater and fired up the propane side to heat water. Time did not allow for the water to cool off enough to see if the electric side worked. Being it was used, I had to “assume” ( yes I know the definition of assume) that it also worked.
However I found out on our first camping trip that it in fact, didn’t work. Making a long story short, I found a pinched, burnt wire, INSIDE the relay box attached to the back of the water heater tank that had to have been that way from the day the MH was built. Obviously the factory didn’t find the problem nor did the original owner.
As stated in previous posts, many of the products Thor builds are more affordable than other “better quality” RV’s. If you want better quality, you are going to have to pay for it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioradio View Post
I have a 2018 ACE 27.2 it came with about 20 items that needed repair. I mostly blame Thor as some were glaring misses. It wasn’t
really a component quality issue, it was the installation. I just got it back from the dealer. So far I haven’t had to redo anything as they did a good job. [emoji106]
On my first trip I tried the fridge on the inverter. Well since nothing was plugged into it.............!
One thing on the walkthrough was they showed me the AGS which I was really happy about since the salesman nor the brochure told me about it.
Thanks for the heads up on the taillights, I have to fix that too.
My previous rig drove like a beached whale. This one is a pleasure to drive and with the same engine and about 6,000 pounds lighter is more fun and less tiring.
Right now it doesn’t want to charge the chassis battery.
I might be missing something, Thor says their Class A’s charge the chassis battery on shore power and their C’s don’t.
I asked for a wiring diagram from them, got it by email in a couple minutes. Guess I should look at it before I call or take it back to the dealer.
Remember to redo the AC inlet.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum