Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2018, 06:47 PM   #54
HaRVey

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Palazzo 33.2
State: California
THOR #12839
While I've had my share of both major and minor problems on both our new Pakazzo 33.2 and our previous ACE 29.2, I can say that we are very happy with the Palazzo.
The ACE had many fit and finish issues (gaps from engine compartment to drivers pedals, etc.), a bad ECM the first week and most importantly, a bad outer wheel bearing in less than a year which by the grace of God did not send us over the cliff on the trip before I discovered it... but can't blame Thor for Ford issues.

As for the Palazzo, we had a bad VGT actuator and a recent recall for the Freightliner chassis for no taillights, rear marker lights or left turn signal, all of which I'd been driving without for the last 3 months! (kicking myself for not doing a basic check on a brand new vehicle).
The only quality issue I can assign specifically to Thor was the back frame of the kitchen cabinets was not attached to anything which kept the drawers from closing or staying closed. Long story, but the issue was caused by too long of water lines up through the floor interfering with and tearing loose the back frame when the slide is closed.
Like the original poster, I have a good relationship with one of the Thor support team who sends me what I need to fix minor stuff myself and not have to deal with the hassle of dealerships or service centers.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum