Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2018, 12:08 AM   #59
Laco

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Gemini 24TX (Formerly)
State: California
THOR #5821
Thor like all RV manufactures, uses less then highly skilled workers on the assembly lines. If they used licensed electricians, plumbers etc., the cost would be so high, they would virtually be unmarketable. Buying a high end coach does not eliminate the assembly issues, as Provost uses the same less then highly skilled assembly workers. There is a Provost repair facility, not that far from where I live, and they are backed up for months, like any other RV dealer, and most Provosts sell in the 2 million dollar range. RV's are very complex and assembly and product quality regulations are very lax or non-existent. Every new RV I have had, and others I know, pretty much plan on spending the first year trying to recover from the manufacturing process. My coach, prior to the Gemini, was a fairly high end 41 foot DP, and I spent the better part of the first two years repairing and debugging. The Gemini, though it has had a number of smallish annoying issues, really hasn't been that terrible, and as of now, everything is fully functional. I of course wish it had been problem free, but I did not expect that, and the problems I did have, Thor and the dealer took care of to my satisfaction.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.