Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2015, 11:58 PM   #117
Humbrace

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Alabama
THOR #2262
People debating which 24 or 25 to buy wanting a full time bed will be happier with the 24.1 because the rear have twin beds made up all the time. We just got back from 4780 mile trip from Florida to eastern Canada in our 24.1 and had no issues at all. This trip was over the worst roads I have ever experienced in my 37 years in Florida traveling to eastern Canada. The traffic was severe almost all the trip. The Vegas took it all in stride having nothing shaken out of position! The question of living in it full time would be difficult I think because it gets really small very quickly! We lasted one month and could have lasted more time if slider out most of the time. We had more than enough storage for the month on the road. The Vegas performed flawlessly and the V-10 engine was responsible! We had good range for fuel looking for gas when needle hit 1/2 and took 25 to 35 gal, never letting it get really low because of the generator using fuel and worrying about traffic that may stop and back up. That happened at least 6 times with cars burning to 18 wheelers off the road. Idling and low rpm driving uses fuel and we never wanted to run out of gas! Buying this motor home was a great decision. We wanted to down size from a 45 ft diesel pusher. It actually had more issues when new than the Vegas! All the shaking we suffered on the roads did not cause any issues with the Vegas. It tolerated everything and we had a wonderful trip in it. The shower is small but you develop a way to do it easily. My DW even used the front sink to wash her hair. We opened slider almost every night but did not use the campgrounds for use except occasionally using Wallmart and truck stops to sleep. We never had a worry about any night we had in this camper. MPG was always less than 10 but between 8 to 9.5 depending on roads and type of terrain. AC affected MPG some also. Each fuel stop had different MPG but never under 7 and never over 10! I would buy another in a minute!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.