Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2018, 02:47 AM   #17
Mr Sunshine

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
State: Florida
THOR #1589
Think real hard about a 20 or 30 year old coach. I considered an older American Eagle. Even though they were built really well, things deteriorate over time.

There have been very few issues reported on this forum of problems with the Vegas/Axis slide systems. Some things I like about our Vegas 25.2 include the rear slide can be opened at WMrt or any other parking lot, that slide is light which means less stress on the slide apparatus, the steps are inside and not the power type, and it has a decent sized shower. I also like the smaller footprint and the smaller tail swing of the Vegas, and that it is capable of towing a vehicle.

Saddlesore's comments today are right on target. The size of your choice will depend heavily on how the inhabitants handle being in a small space. (I once met a couple who stayed "together" by having separate houses!) Before you pull the trigger, spend some extended time (hours) in the coach you are interested in, right in the dealer's lot. That's how we decided against a Winnie Travato. It looked great on paper, but the longer we sat in it the more uncomfortable we were.

We traded our 35' fifth wheel for a 33' Class A with two slides. At that time, we thought we needed the space and storage it had. After a few years and many trips, we felt we could get by with less space and less storage. Three years and many nights in our Vegas have proven that we made the right choice for us and the way we travel now. We know the situation could change in a heartbeat.

It's usually smart to rent and spend some time in a comparably sized coach before you sign on the line. Although it seems expensive, it will be cheaper than buying the wrong thing and trading it for something more to your liking.

Happy hunting!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum