Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2018, 03:07 AM   #1
Kickstand

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Outlaw 29H Class C
State: California
THOR #7010
Class C Overcab - two mod questions

I was hoping someone would have some insight and wisdom before I start tearing things apart. I have a 2017.5 Outlaw 29H Class C. I have a mattress topper on the overcab that is awesome but presents two problems: there’s a little overhang on the long side, and it prevents the TV from swiveling out. I was going to cut off a slice of the topper to make it fit, but then I noticed there’s a “shelf” along the entire front. It appears to be fairly standard in Thor class c’s (see circled in pic I stole off internet).

First question: Does anyone know what’s behind there? Is it possible to cut into that without compromising anything structural? I’d be nice to just slice out 80” of that in the middle, finish off each end and slide the topper in the slot. Everything would fit nicely.

Next, to make the TV more convenient I’m thinking of getting one of those TV brackets that swivel down from the ceiling. Amazon comments say they’re stable/strong enough for RVs. The mount is 4.5 lbs and the TV is 14lbs. Mount-It! MI-4222 TV Ceiling Mount Kitchen Under Cabinet TV Bracket Folding, Retractable, 90 Degree Tilt, Fold Down, Swivel for 17 to 37 inch LCD, TV, LED, Monitor, Flat Screens up to VESA 200x200 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CO753UY..._wTm9BbGSX6XS0

Second Question: Anyone have tips for mounting it into the ceiling? I’m thinking of putting it just inside the main Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0021.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	152.6 KB
ID:	14198coach door.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.