Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2018, 07:21 PM   #10
Oldchief

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 25.5
State: Florida
THOR #4802
Quote:
Originally Posted by javelin View Post
Congrats on the repair job ! Any picture(s) available? It is always useful for others to see how someone has done a repair.....especially when they may face the same situation down the road.
Sorry, no pic's. Was working by myself...kind of a 1 man job anyway, fairly messy and never dawned on me to document the steps. Pretty straight forward plastic plumbing repair. Now that its back together, it doesn't look much different than it did before pipe came loose, other than the pipe joint is now cemented on the inside, which Thor didn't bother to do. And, where I wrapped the joint with the self-fusing repair tape is hidden behind the dump valve assembly in the back of the wet bay.
I wouldn't recommend such a repair as a do-it-yourself project unless one has a basic understanding of RV plumbing, experience with today's plastic plumbing components, correct tools and at least some degree of "shade tree" mechanical ability. I'm nearly three quarters of a century old and don't move (or do anything else) as fast as I once did, so it took me most of the day to complete the job, counting a few rest breaks to ease my bad back. 30 years ago, it would have been a 2 to 3 hour job.
Thanks for your advice and counsel along the way!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.