Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2018, 01:55 AM   #7
Mr Sunshine

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
State: Florida
THOR #1589
That helps. More information will always get you better answers here. There has been discussion on this forum about buying rentals, pro and con. Generally, the pros include an assumption that regular maintenance has been performed, and the cons are that folks used it like they rented it.

You would be smart to have a unrelated mechanic go over it before you sign. And print off the PDI worksheet (pre-delivery inspection) from Ed Felker's excellent crowd sourced manual for the Vegas/Axis. It's in a sticky under Tech Topics, and here's a link: http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f10...nual-4961.html

Much of the information in that manual will pertain to your unit, too. RVs typically have nearly worthless manuals, beyond the component manuals. Not at all like the comprehensive books that come with autos.

I've been where you are. My first RV was a 21' Class C on a Dodge chassis. I had my share of "learning experiences" with that one, but it was cheap and a good stepping stone for my young family.

Let the forum know when you get your rig, along with a photo. Good luck!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.