Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2018, 02:29 AM   #4
K0LCB

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Elite24FE
State: Texas
THOR #12434
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlhamm View Post
Here's a different one:
Had to replace the seat on a Dometic 8700 series toilet. Took a bit of looking but I found one. It came with the screws and nuts to attach it to the toilet.

Now the problem. When I removed the screws holding the old seat the nuts fell into the space behind and inside the toilet. They didn't fall into the bowl. There appears to be no way to reach under or around to hold the nuts while I tighten the screws unless I unbolt the toilet from the floor, which I am not going to do.

I'm considering using toggle bolts to attach the new seat, but I'm open to any suggestions anyone has.

Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving,
Larry
If you have new bolts and nuts, don’t worry. Those will probably shake out eventually

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum