Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2018, 01:12 AM   #6
javelin

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
THOR #2631
Hi.......so inside the BCC the interconnect relay is basically hard wired (bus bars) between the chassis battery and coach battery external BCC terminals. If you replaced the interconnect relay (and it is operating properly with good contacts inside ?) then tighten/check/clean all connections from BCC coach battery post to coach batteries. What voltage do you measure on the external BCC Coach battery post when the engine is running and the chassis battery is 13.2 or higher? Is it the same as at the coach battery terminals? It might take a few seconds for the BCC to operate the interconnect relay after 13.2 volts is reached.

When you operate your use/store you are opening and closing the latching relays (coach and chassis) I think (not familiar with your set up)......as I say my coach has separate switches for each battery group. Did you have shore power connected while the coach was running? That would show up as 13+VDC as the converter would be charging the coach batteries (coach latching relay on).

I am attaching a picture of the open BCC which shows the interconnect relay between the bus bars and the two RV Custom latching relays (one for coach and one for chassis battery connections).
Attached Images
File Type: bmp BCC Relays.bmp (1.11 MB, 292 views)

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum