Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2018, 10:24 PM   #11
mountainsam

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Gemini 23TR
State: California
THOR #6701
Quote:
Originally Posted by acheron800 View Post
Anybody know what this noise is and how to resolve? It is for the 1st half of the travel of the slide going out and coming back in. When it is 50% or so out it stops. I checked the rubber gaskets and weatherstripping and nothing looks out of place, also made sure nothing is rubbing anywhere visible. It really sounds like some sort of rubber rubbing. It doesnt seem to affect the speed or function of the slide but sounds gnarly. Also, does anybody know how to manually put the slide in or out just in case this fails on our next trip? I have an appointment for early January but we have a trip before that and would like to know how it's done. Thanks for any help!

https://youtu.be/Pxq4q9fXrn8
I would do the pledge trick first. Sounds like my patio door in my house that has a very hard rubber seal. Even wind shield wipers sound that way when they get old and stiff, just not as loud. It also appeared to me that the seals are not folding under properly. Maybe some seal treatment to sofen them up a bit.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.