Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2018, 02:00 AM   #1
bigben

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37TB
State: Kentucky
THOR #1020
Ignition Lock Out gone wonky

Ran into a problem I cannot seem to resolve and need help if available.

On our 2015 Thor Challenger 37TB suddenly and without fanfare slides, overhead bunk and awnings stop working. Initially thought it was Rapid Camp but after extensive troubleshooting worked the problem forward to the front interior electrical buss. Ignition/Accessories Relay 2, 3, 4 seem to be where the problem gets first seen. If Relay 2 is removed, the slides operate. If Relay 2 is replaced, slides operate. Once the ignition switch is turned on and then off, slides do not operate. Pull Relay 2 and replace, slides again operate. Turn the ignition switch back on and then off, slides don't operate. I am attaching the wiring diagram. The common feed to each of these relays is "Ford Ignition Input".

Also, steps fail to operate correctly. With ignition switch in off position, step switch on and open the door - steps deploy. With the ignition in off position, step switch on and close the door - steps retract. Again sounds like the ignition switch lockout.

I am attaching a copy of the wiring diagram. Anyone with experience with this issue or anyone with advise for resolving, please comment. Gonna get old fooling with these relays.

PS: Andrea Hans (Thor CSR) spent the better part of 90 minutes helping me. Thank you.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf TEE1133-02.pdf (68.4 KB, 238 views)

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum