Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2018, 02:27 AM   #8
gte534j

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Washington
THOR #10717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jevad View Post
Wondering how many panels/watts the factory Solar Connection and wires will support? I cant seem to find any specs on what the connection/wires are rated for? How many Watts/Volts?

I have a "Solar Ready" 2018 Four Winds 30D with factory roof connection, no inverter (yet) with 2 house batteries... If I want to jump on some Solar Panels will it support 400W-800W panels? What is the max voltage? If I wanted to Serial & Parallel (2x2 panels = 24V at 200W)?

(Note I still have to put in an Inverter and would like to upgrade to Lithium).
You should measure the wire thickness (AWG) and then check on this chart below to see the max amps that wire can support. I would assume the cable is 15 ft or less in length.

https://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/a...uge-d_730.html

12 AWG is 10 amps, or 10 A * 12V =120W
10 AWG is 20 amps, or 20 A * 12V =240W

My understanding is that the solar ready just means the wires have been run through the RV and that the MC4 connector is installed on the roof. You have to then supply the panels and the charger for the battery.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum