Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2018, 09:49 PM   #18
The_Breeze

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 31L
State: Florida
THOR #12189
I'm not trying to start and argument: the original pic is no longer the case.

No, the pics do not have everything in place. I was merely checking whether the receiver would be the correct height. It came off the truck. It was not correct and new one was purchased. The angle's correct now (read previous post from today).

The curb weight is the cat-scaled weight on the truck - full of fluids and 1/2 tank of gas: 3020lbs. 5spd manual, no power anything, A/C only. Yes, it has window cranks - basically stripped.

There's no chains but cables that came with the tow bar.

The break-away switch was not mounted yet but the cable's been run and I have the Patriot brake system for aux braking.

Tow lights are installed. I did an 'in-car' set up, incorporating the wires into the truck using black plastic conduit from to rear, neatly tucked along the frame and zip-tied where needed.

The only thing left to do is run a power wire from the coach to the towed so the brake system doesn't drain my battery - a project for another day.

Hope that clears things up. If I remember to take pics of it all together, I'll update this post at that time.

Safe travels.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum