Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2015, 07:58 PM   #120
Teeitup26

Brand: Still Looking
State: Colorado
THOR #1067
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sunshine View Post
I appreciate the point of view of Humbrace, and share his delight with his Vegas. I must respectfully point out, different strokes for different folks. We also traded our larger Class A, and love our 25.2. We like the larger shower, but would have passed on anything without a walk around queen bed. The folding mattress was never a problem. Ours wouldn't work quite as well as other models for soccer meets or tailgating.
To Teeitup26: Suggest you get some professional advice before spending what you said was your life savings on a depreciating asset. With a 20 year note, you'll be upside down before long, maybe even on delivery! If it's not too late, take a look at a used Class C. You are likely to find a serviceable Class C under $15K! If you aren't at least a bit handy, or willing to learn, or can't finance an older used unit, forget that and consider renting. Remember, RV dealers and sales people want you to buy all you can finance, to maximize their profits. Be smart on this!
Mr. Sunshine, i appreciate your concern and i am getting professional advice: my own. I was a financial advisor for many years and understand totally what i'm looking at. I gave you the impression i was spending my "entire" life savings on a MH, but that's far from the case. In fact if i do buy the Axis it will be a small fraction of my net worth. Also, i plan to put down at least $40,000 in cash on the Axis and finance the other $29,000 with a 5.25% 20 year loan through the largesse of Bank of America, America's consumer bank. My accountant and I have talked it over and there are benefits in the tax code we shall take advantage of when the time comes. I might even sell the house and live in the thing full time if after spending a month or two in i find that it is comfortable enough. Then i plan to travel and find another home base somewhere in the West above 5,000 feet. I currently live in Western Colorado. Nice, but a little hot for me.

So, again, i appreciate the words of caution but i got it covered.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.