Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2015, 12:35 AM   #27
JamieGeek
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by timp410
The mechanic did say the V-10 was very reliable but he also said there were some general maintenance things that are hard to reach compared to some of the other coaches they work on. He also said they hate working on Class A's altogether. He said they had to cut a big hole in the side of the fiberglass one time one a class A to fix the engine and then had to take it to a RV body shop to repair the hole. He said the manufacture of the coach did not know of a way for them to reach that part of the engine. He said it was a very expensive fix. I am starting to see the advantage of class C's but I really don't care for the look of the cab over.
Like spark plugs! LOL Changing out the spark plugs on any V-10 application is difficult. On the F-Series the passenger rear two plugs are a pain in the #*$% to get to. The E-Series has its own challenges.

From what I saw, however, when I had the doghouse off: If the shop can get the Axis/Vegas up on a lift getting to the plugs from underneath looked like a viable option.
Note how low the engine sits in the following picture:

The spark plugs are well below floor level. I haven't crawled underneath to verify this though.

The pic does show how much work it would be to remove the engine.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum