Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2015, 02:30 AM   #1
Woo

Brand: Still Looking
State: Missouri
THOR #2597
Thor Noob Question

i have never owned a Thor product but have owned a few Cs and Bs. I looked at an Axis the other day and a C that was parked next to it. Overall I was very impressed.
My only concern, and perhaps you may think it's minor, but again it's important to me. The Tvs were all 120 vac with no 12 volt outlet in sight in order to use an inverter. Since the kids like to watch movies while I drive and I enjoy watching tv at night, how will I do this while we boondock? Certainly the generator could be used while underway but with no hook-ups or when a Gen is not allowed what does everyone do?

I plan to add solar panels to ensure the batteries are kept topped-off so I'm not too concerned about them.

My other motor homes all had 12 volts near the Tvs and the Forest River products that I saw also used 12 volt Tvs although they were an off brand.

I guess my question is if the TV 120 volt receptacles in the Thor were all tied together where I could add one inverter for them after the breaker box? Is there another solution I'm over-looking?

Thanks,
Woo

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.