Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2018, 06:10 AM   #1
bharrisv65

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37YT
State: Tennessee
THOR #10421
TERRIBLE first time service experience!

So, the odyssey begins! Actually, this is the second time the RV went to this dealer, TENNEESSEE RV Supercenter in Knoxville, for repairs but the first was a few days after initial purchase. I had a SCHEDULED appointment for 11-21, took it in that morning, rear pinion oil leak (slight), right front sway bar link broken and BR TV replacement (ALL under warranty!). The following Friday (11-30), service rep called to tell me it would be cheaper just to go buy a TV at Best Buy as theirs would be more expensive!!?? I informed him we had the Platinum Extended warranty which covered radios, TV's, etc. He checked (almost a week after having it) and said I was right (no kidding huh!). I stopped by on the way out of town to check on things the same day as he told me they couldn't get the leveling system to power up, I told him I had NEVER had that issue and figured it was an excuse not to have the MH ready when I requested it to be. Went inside and saw the levelers down, hmmm. Reminded him and the sales rep I needed the unit this coming Thursday (12-6) as we had a trip already planned and paid for. Got a call this morning, service rep said the RV was ready....BUT, they couldn't replace the leaking pinion seal because they didn't have the tool to remove it....HUH?? I asked him what I was supposed to do to fix this, after all, it's still under the manufacturers warranty from the factory. He said he'd call some Ford dealer and check on it. A few minutes later, he called stating they didn't have the TV fixed either and was waiting to hear back if the Extended warranty folks were going to pay for it...HUH?? As of now, I still haven't heard back so I'll be calling tomorrow to find out what's going to happen. I tell you what's going to happen, I'm going to call everyone from A to Z and complain about this issue as well as post to every website, forum and even contact Lazydays in Florida who is buying this dealership very soon! It's ridiculous, they've had my MH for EIGHT BUSINESS DAYS, NOT counting the holiday, and all they've fixed is the sway bar link which is about a 30 minute job...I know because I had already replaced it myself but put the broken one back on since it was under warranty and I had to take it in to get the pinion seal replaced. What a TERRIBLE experience and way to do business! I have fixed NUMEROUS issues myself so as not to have to take it to the dealer, had I not done these repairs myself, this pile of junk would have been in the shop six months out of the twelve I've owned it! Before all this occurred, I spoke with the sales rep about buying a Tiffin Phaeton next summer but I can tell you, it won't be from them under this ownership, if at all!! Sorry for the long rant....

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.