Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2018, 05:39 AM   #60
rynosback

Brand: DRV
Model: 38 RSB3
State: South Dakota
THOR #1658
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpjulian View Post
As I stated earlier, I contacted Anderson and they did not reply to my email. Yet, a couple days ago they sent me a Christmas card via email, so they know we exist. After waiting 6 days i sent another email to Sabrina Swan at RNO Distributors which she followed up with a phone call. She contacted Anderson and they agreed to replace my Kantleak panel. I should receive the new panel in a few days. Thank you Sabrina. The new panel is slightly different than my current one as the current one is no longer available. Go figure. The newly designed panel with all brass fittings will be available about January '19 and will sell for ~$200 with a 5-year warranty. I am going to pay for the labor and see if I can get reimbursed under warranty. I don't really care about the labor charge, I just want the leak fixed.

FYI... Sabrina said the 4-way valve is designed to be turned under pressure and that there is no need to remove water pressure before making a change. She also said that instruction to relieve all pressure to the valve was originally posted online by a competing company to disparage Anderson. Take this for what you will, but it is what she told me today.

Joe
Glad to hear that they are sending you a new unit. Are you getting the new brass unit?
I personally do not care about what anyone says. I relieve the water pressure on both sides when changing the valves position. Takes 2 seconds. Turn the valve on the water softener, bang on the slide and say OK. Wife opens faucet, hot and cold. Yells OK. I switch and then turn the valve on the water softener. It might be designed to handle the pressure but if you choose not to do it that way, I would think it would last longer.
I hope that your leak gets fixed soon.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum