Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2015, 09:00 PM   #7
ournextstop

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Palazzo
State: Florida
THOR #2248
Well I did not think my previous reply posted because we have such weak, inconsistent i-net connection here on top of the mountain in Pisgah National Forest NC where we are volunteering for several months. But, not only did it post, it posted twice. And, I wish it had not posted at all!!

Tim got me thinking about back to basics! I rechecked the batteries and they were weak. I got a power pack to jump start it and hooked it up and had lights at the dash and the shade would go up. Wahoo! After a few minutes I tried to start it but would not, power pack may have been too weak to start a diesel or the clamps may not have let enough amps flow, not sure. Got the manual out again and read the Aux Start section for the first time and found out that this Aux Start is different then in my previous coaches. It is only for starting the chassis engine using the coach batteries. My previous RVs had two way Aux switch, it would help start the genset, which normally used the coach batteries, from the chassis batteries and as soon as you pressed the Aux Start switch the dash lit up. This one you press and hold the Aux Switch and then turn the ignition to start as normal. And it did just that.

So I will be ordering an Amp-L-Start AMP-L-START Starting Battery Charger/Maintainer - Overview Page

or a Trik-L-Start http://www.lslproducts.net/TLSPage.htm

as soon as I finish this post. As I posted above my experience with them is excellent. I had my previous DP for a year before I installed one and did not have this problem even when dry camping for several weeks so obviously this coach has more parasitic draw then I expected.

Thanx to you all for your inputs with special thanx to Tim for getting me back to basics; where I should have started.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.