Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2018, 11:57 PM   #45
rynosback

Brand: DRV
Model: 38 RSB3
State: South Dakota
THOR #1658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthole View Post
What do you suppose will happen to RR?

This is not meant to disparage them at all. But Alicia & Slade have quite the revered following.
And if you go by facebunk there are only two dealers in all of the CONUS that are worth your hard earned money.

Buying from RR just was not in the cards for us. Between mileage, time and lack of trade value ruled them out.

Although Alicia was still kind enough to offer advice on our order.

Our dealer although in business for a long time was new to the DRV line just prior to the Hershey show. They were hungry for business, and I have no doubt DRV stepped up to help make deals. And the trade offer was unmatched by any dealer in the country. With the extra value perceived in the trade we were almost 40% off MSRP.

That deal allowed me to be a little flexible with the service department being new. My PDI guy, although fairly knowledgable, did his first DRV PDI with our rig.

So back to RR. What is going to happen when they can't handle the load, start expanding and end up like many big dealers?
Or worse, with a stellar reputation it is only a matter of time before the big basket of cash is dropped in front of them.

As it is, most non-customers cannot get an appointment anymore for warranty work at RR. Knowing their commitment to work quality I would now go the extra miles past Howe to get my warranty work completed, but they can't handle the outside work like they used too.
They must be filling up now. As I have a couple texts out to Slade to book a couple small items that would only take a couple hours at most. And no reply.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum