Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Thor Batteries
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2018, 07:09 AM   #3
Kickstand

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Outlaw 29H Class C
State: California
THOR #7010
After the abuse of my two Harris batteries from the dealer (dead when it was on the lot, and dead when I picked it up after some warranty work), I thought I was going to need new batteries. They would barely last a day of light use. Checked fluid and it was fine, so I pulled the batteries and put them on my Schumacher charger, one at a time overnight, and then both on my Battery Tender trickle charger for the rest of the week until I reinstalled back into the coach the next weekend. They now are acceptable. I’m putting a shunt and battery monitor on them this month to take the guesswork out, but they are largely doing what I need them to do. I’m trying to get solar going and will plan for new batteries when that happens, but for now it’s good. Maybe the Schumacher conditioned them better than the on-board charger, maybe it was because they were being addressed 1 at a time and load balancing was no longer in the equation? I don’t know, it just worked. It’s a cheap try before going new battery route. If you don’t have a “real” battery charger, I recommend the Schumachers; they’ve always worked well for me.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum