Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Thor Batteries
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2018, 05:11 PM   #9
javelin

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
THOR #2631
Well I might as well comment too. I still have my original Harris batteries in my 2013 ACE 30.1 (built in 2012).....and have never had a problem (yet – knocking on wood) with them. Maybe I was lucky since I purchased this coach new and it was actually inside the Dealer showroom (plugged in) for customer walk throughs at the time (Fall 2012). So perhaps the OEM batteries had better than usual treatment from day one. We turn on the coach and chassis latching relays (use/store) in Spring when the season starts for us and basically leave them on. Coach is plugged in other than when travelling. I ensure the batteries are charging from converter/alternator with a multimeter often throughout the season. We rarely turn off the disconnect switches during the season. In fairness though, we do not boon dock very often. In Winter I remove all batteries; clean them externally and fully charge them with a stand alone charger one day a month (Equalization for 3 hours or as long as I want and float charge for the rest of the 24 hour period; then they are disconnected until the next month. I am not saying everyone should do this but so far it has worked for us and the batteries are still in very good condition. I posted an interesting article on wet cell sulfation in another segment of this forum......might be of interest to anyone reading here as well:

Battery Sulfation : Technical Support Desk

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.