Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2018, 12:01 AM   #2
TurnerFam

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Georgia
THOR #4735
the 'prewire' temination point on the roof is probably one of the plumbing vent caps... which provides an easy 'already run' set of 12v wires going to either your battery bank(House), probably hanging loose or zip tied to the roof of that bay.

an easy set of two 100w panels, with a simple 20a PWM controller, is about all you'll need, as the output of the panels goes directly to your House batteries.

you can find these simple starter sets/packages all over the web - mine was by a less-known manufacturer - HQST, really because they have the package, including wiring, fuse, pwm controller, and connections, as well as panel mounting brackets.

I bought ours last year, mounted them on a self-made tilt/swivel/articulated bracket that was carried by our hitch - where they could have effect while driving, as well as easily deployed and moved/tilted when parked - mostly for our trip to off-grid stops in Alaska, and Canada. I've now moved them to permanent mounts on the roof since they're mostly for trickle charging the House batteries in storage, and to limit the use of the generator while parked when traveling.
I get about 10amps when full sun...but, yes, normally, a lot less.
TurnerFam is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum