Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2015, 11:06 PM   #2
javelin

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
THOR #2631
Hi, I own a 2013 ACE 30.1 (Ford V10) and have the same question about changing the air filter. Last week my response from Thor on this tpoic was to talk to Ford since the air filter is part of their chassis. My response to Thor was that changing the air filter is not a problem on a bare chassis......it only becomes a potential space and procedural issue when the motorhome is placed on top of the Ford chassis. No response from Thor so far.

I can release the top of the air filter box and push it back slightly to release the rear of the lid a bit, but the air tube behind the air box (which appears to have the Mass Air Flow sensor attached to it) is very hard to push back/move. I have not tried to remove the dog house or release the air hose clamp behind the air box as yet, in hopes that a simple procedure (that will not break anything especially the MAF sensor) has already been discovered by someone else. Any confirmed procedures for what should be a very easy process? Thanks

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum