Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2018, 03:07 AM   #56
Walker

Brand: DRV
Model: Memphis
State: South Dakota
THOR #2341
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogLovers View Post
Cheap fan fix? Glue a couple 3/4" boards together. Then cut out a circle the size of the fan to ceiling base. Then cut out the center section with a jig saw. Measure up the fan ceiling mounting holes (paper template works great) and drill coresponding holes. Sand, stain, finish the outside portion or your wooden mounting ring. Mount it to the ceiling then mount the fan to it. Should add a bit of space. Use more wood if you need a thicker space. Go to the home improvement store and buy the smallest cheapest piece of aluminum siding trim you can get. Cut then angle bend a piece to fit each fan blade and glue into position on each blade. If you can do quality work it will look great and solve the issue cheaply. Otherwise drop the whole fan and buy a new one with the pole drop and you can cut it to whatever size you need. One thing I learned about ceiling fans over the years, don't buy a cheap one.

Good luck.
I understand this.... But my frustration is why should I have to fix it after paying $125k....

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum