Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Mice
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2018, 10:20 PM   #11
Miramar Owner

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Miramar 34.4
State: Iowa
THOR #4488
Quote:
Originally Posted by blw2 View Post
If I were parking for such a length of time in such an infested area, I think I'd be getting some hardware cloth and doing my best to completely enclose the generator from below, or any other openings...maybe even going so far as to underpin the entire coach perimeter (like a fence tight to the sidewalls and all the way to the ground)

for sure I'd be putting lots of bait stations and traps all around...and even logical areas away from the coach if applicable...such as nearby walls or fence lines, etc...
I've parked in this lot along with about 20 other RV's for several years and never had this kind of problem before. But this is the first motorhome that I started the genny every month. In my previous RV I never used the generator so never started it at all. This is my first motorhome after I retired...now we do a lot of dry camping and traveling so the generator is a must.

Such a big deal is made of starting the genny monthly. I could never understand that since many small engines sit half the year. Assuming the fuel contains Sta-Bil it seems to me not to be necessary to start it monthly. With all that said, I think the best thing for me to do is let it sit.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum