View Single Post
Old 08-10-2015, 11:57 PM   #33
timp410

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Alabama
THOR #1478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
I agree -- there are a lot of advantages. Perhaps a large "B+" (I think that's what they are called) may work without having the cab-over bed.

Having a cab area that is designed and finished by a company like Ford certainly has benefits. I particularly like having extra doors, factory HVAC, better access to check/repair engine, and components like windshield, wipers, headlights, etc. that can be purchased/replaced much easier.

I do like the function of the bed over the cab, but feel most are larger than absolutely necessary. The smaller and contoured aero cab-overs like those often used on Sprinter motorhomes would be my preference if I purchased another Class C.
We were actually very close to purchasing a B+ prior to going with the Axis for most of the things you mention. We are planning to purchase a Winnebago Forza 34T in a couple of years when DW retires. The Axis is my first motorhome. However, I did own a Coach House Class B camper van that I really loved. I really wanted to stay under 25 feet when I was searching for an RV. However, after spending some time in the Axis, DW has since decided that she wanted something bigger and fell in love with the Forza. I am happy with the size of the Axis but I must keep DW happy. After driving the Forza for a second time, I realize that driving one is not as bad as I thought it would be. I am amazed by the turning ability of the Freight liner chassis. If I had my way, I would purchase another Class B since we are not full timers and probably never will be.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.