Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2018, 11:15 PM   #19
10scDust

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2016 Thor Outlaw 29H
State: Tennessee
THOR #13869
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gritz Carlton View Post
The Super C's on the F550 chassis have something blocking one top corner the jack mount bracket from being mounted any higher. there was a guy on another forum that cut one of the top flange corners off of both front jacks and was able to raise them a few inches, using the same pre-drilled holes.
I admit when I started this thread, I had only raised the rear cylinders, then I got into building a spare tire carrier for underneath.
It is on there now, then tending to drooping wires, one that came out of a side marker light, to getting that straightened out, dodging the rain, enjoying the holidays...
Needless to say, I discovered the front level cylinders cannot be mounted any higher because they are near touching the cab's floorboard now.
So there it is, still sitting on its front tire's on 6x6's, and I cannot measure what clearance there is now, I won't tell y'all now.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum