Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Big Foot
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2018, 04:02 AM   #16
Long & Winding road

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Axis 25.4
State: Arkansas
THOR #12231
Quote:
Originally Posted by K0LCB View Post
I think one pump is better than the four pump system. JMHO..
Well the one pump is cheaper. It was also on sale which made it even cheaper ($1988 plus $150 for bolt on kit).

But the 4 pump I think alows you to raise two at a time. I didnt really know this when I purchased the Big Foot Platinum a few month ago.

The Platinum kit will set the two front down first and raise it about 2 or 3 inches then the back is depoyed and does the same.....but if you want to raise just front or just the left side you have to do ONE at a TIME. I thought I could hold two buttons down at the same time - it wont allow you to do this. Just one jack at a time.... Back and forth.

So its like a seesaw - LR, then RF, Back and forth until you are level. This rocking drives my wife crazy (oh well). But this still is much quicker (and safer) than driving up on lego blocks. I have spent 45 mintues before trying to level the RV with blocks under 3 wheels and 5 or 6 high to just giving up with its "close enough".

If I had to do it again might go with the Auto level version for a litte more money.

Another reason I DIDNT go with Auto level was many forum members with the Auto level from factory say it dont work very well and that they do it manually. So I figured no sense in paying extra for something that I wont use.

Or they will say the Auto level wont deploy if it thinks it cant level it so they do it manually.
2017 Axis / 25.4: Big Foot Levelers, Aims 1200 Watt inverter, Ceramic Window Tint, Full River AGM 6V batteries, Front Hellwig Sway bar / Rear Track Arm, Safe T Plus Steering Stabilizer, PD 4655 converter, Hard Wired Surge Guard, WEboost + WiFi Ranger, LED Headlights/Driving lights, TPMS, Surge tank, Tornado flush, Viair Compressor
Long & Winding road is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum