Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2018, 04:50 PM   #16
lmichel

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: New York
THOR #10644
DEC 27th Troubleshooting - Backup Lights NEVER off

Christmas holiday kept me from pursuing this issue, but today I got back to it.

Sure enough, pulling F34 and then checking pin 5 of the Reverse Lamp Replay showed 0.0 volts. The voltage was also not a few floating mV - typical of an unconnected circuit. This dropped right to ground when F34 was pulled and went right to 13.25V with F34 installed.
Thanks Lug!

jnschnit, thanks for uploading the component location diagrams. I'd like to find the head-end of the trailer light connector and pull it. A) I don't even need it for now, and B) I'll bet I can check each pin of it and figure out which wire is feeding back..
This is also a very good hunch, since I was in the dash just a few days before this whole trouble started. I wouldn't doubt that I unknowingly bumped something..even as careful as I was.

Let me know if you guys have a better idea. So far, you've been leading me through this step-by-step perfectly ;-)

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.