Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2015, 07:03 PM   #4
JamieGeek
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Well lets look at a few things:
(What year is your ACE? I'm going to assume its a 2015/2016)
For the 29.2 the GCWR is 23,000 lbs and the GVWR is 16,000 lbs. That right there gives you 7,000 lbs to play with (23-16 = 7).
What you really need to do is take your unit to a scale with it fully loaded (full water, empty tanks, all the stuff loaded, all the people in it, etc.) Scales: CAT Scale
Then you take the 23,000 lbs and subtract your scaled weight from it. That is how much you can tow (I'd also subtract 500 or 1000 lbs to add some play).
In addition subtract your scaled weight from the 16,000 lbs that is the available tongue weight--but since you'd be towing 4 down tongue weight is minimal.
Next look at the specs on Thor's website (also where I got the #'s above): Specs ACE Motorhomes: Class A & Class C Hybrid RV by Thor Motor Coach
According to that you have an 8,000 lb hitch...why do you need a bigger one?

Given all these number's and your stated 5,800 lb truck weight (did you weigh it or is that the listed weight? While you're at the scales I'd suggest weighing the truck as well) I think you are all legal...you may get terrible mileage and run a little slow (make sure the coach is in "haul" mode--hit the button on the end of the shifter) but I think you can do it.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum