Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2018, 11:50 PM   #4
John & Diane

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 27K
State: Ohio
THOR #989
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLBeerbower View Post
Ok team, looking for your thoughts. 2017 Thor 34J (36 foot long), 5,000 miles, 22,000 GVWR. When the rotors are cool no noise when applying the brakes. However, once you drive for a bit and the front rotors get warm they squeal a moderate amount. CW says warranty won't cover and the shop they farmed out the warranty work to say the rotors are a bit glazed. I do not ride the brakes at all so I can't see it being driving style.

Anyone else have this issue? Recommended fixes? Turn the rotors and replace the pads and ensure the caliper brackets are well greased? Just hate to spend ~$500 on a brake job for a new unit but I don't want to mess around with the brakes.

Thanks and you guys are awesome.

Was the shop CW farmed out the work to a Ford Dealer? If not I would be taking it to Ford. Ford had a recall a few years ago that involved some brake calipers. You might also try calling Ford directly, I have had good luck with them when CW was giving us the run around. Good luck.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum