Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2015, 07:54 PM   #81
belfastboy

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Washington
THOR #1081
new owner, one year later

We have now owned our Axis 24.1 for exactly one year now m(7500 miles, 51 days of use). Overall, for a first time RV owner, it has been a good experience.
The good;
We love the Axis, it is perfect for our needs, comfortable to live in, relatively easy to drive and navigate even the tight spots.
The V10 engine is indeed a workhorse. The warranty issues of relatively small size, i.e. nothing major. The dealership has been great to work with on all warranty issues.
The bad;
The overall quality control in the build is worrisome. Our claims have been for small issues that in my view should have been noticed on the factory floor. Just shoddy workmanship and no QC.
Also the level of workmanship at the dealership, at $130 US dollars/hour shop rate is overall appalling. I am not a woodworker or particularly skilled but I with not much effort could have handled the repair and the finished product with much much higher quality.
I will shop around for a smaller perhaps sole proprietor RV repair shop now that I am out of warranty and hopefully find a higher level of care and skill.
We are loving the RV lifestyle and pleased we chose the Axis.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.