Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2018, 06:16 PM   #10
JamieGeek
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
Is that based on RWD Explorer? The general shape is very similar.

Ford a while back announced upgrades to the motorhome chassis. It would not surprise at all if they are on display.

I’m also interested in what Ford may do for smaller motorhomes. While I’m intrigued with the 7.3L’s potential, it may be far more power than smaller Class As like Axis/Vegas may need, or smaller Class Cs on E-350. If that engine can make over 400 HP, I don’t know how they would get enough cooling underhood in an E-Series Cutaway. That’s a lot of heat.

I still think the F-150’s 5.0L V8 would be plenty of power for smaller motorhomes. It puts out much more power and torque than the old 5.4L V8 that was used on smaller Class Cs.
I don't know the base for the EV SUV but I think it looks more in size with the Edge than the Explorer. I can't see Ford going much bigger--all the "EV SUV"'s on the market currently trend a little smaller in size. Of course Ford could be trying to own a part of the market that doesn't currently have a vehicle (larger EV SUV)...
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.